Friday, January 13, 2017

#Project365: Chief Mountain, Crossing the Border, and Pincher Creek

So far, my trip had been pretty tame and on fairly familiar ground; as I had already been in every state I had traveled through. As I wound my way up US 89, I recognized the familiar towns of Browning, Kiowa, and St. Mary. My excitement was building as I was entering the front range of the Rocky Mountains.




As I entered the mountains, I came upon Chief Mountain; a grand sight indeed:






As usual, it felt great to be back in the mountains. Knowing that I would spend the next 4 weeks traversing mostly mountains, I was entering a new realm. I was about to experience quite the interesting time at the border....




Unbeknownst to me, apparently guns are big issue with regard to crossing the border. What held up my crossing had more to do with a lack of border agents where I chose to cross and the fact that the couple in front of me was found to have a gun in their car without declaring it. Furthermore, when asked why they didn't declare it; their stories apparently didn't hold up. Luckily for me, an agent quickly got to me after finishing up with their vehicle and asked me a few questions and told me to enjoy my stay in Canada without ever searching the van.

I arrived safely at Pincher Creek about an hour later and discovered that the campground had a lovely flower garden where I took these pics:












The only problem I had encountered was the fact that my phone no longer worked in Canada...ack! Tomorrow I shall describe my most exciting day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment