Friday, January 20, 2017

#Project365: Into the Wilderness Part 2

Yesterday I explained how I was moving into very isolated territory in northern British Columbia and today I will continue that theme with some stunning photos along the way. While I came upon more small towns along this next stretch than the day before, I was still in VERY remote areas. I passed about 20 cars along the road between Kitwanga and Bell II. I passed considerably more cars on this particular stretch, but still less than 100 for the day on my way to Nugget City at the junction of Dease Lake Highway and the Alaska Highway in the Yukon Territory.










These pictures below came from Boya Lake Provincial Park:
















BC 37 between Boya Lake and the border is very remote:




Forest fires are common here; but it was still somewhat haunting to drive for miles and miles through a forest of dead trees:







The border with the Yukon Territory:







Here is what my campground looked like at Nugget City:








No comments:

Post a Comment