Friday, January 27, 2017

#ProjectAlaska: Fairbanks and Beyond

I was somewhat glad to leave Nenana as the mosquitoes were pretty thick there. As it turned out, this particular location was the only one during the entire trip that gave me any trouble from insects. Considering what I had read about in so many different publications, blogs, and even talking with friends who had been to Alaska; I was actually rather surprised that with the exception of this single location, no further bug issues were encountered.

The route from Nenana to Tok was rather uneventful and I didn't come upon much in terms of scenery, either. In fact, very few pictures were even taken during this stretch.

 Looking down into Fairbanks:













At Fairbanks, the road becomes the "unofficial" Alaska Highway. The "official" highway actually begins at Delta Junction; about 94 miles to the south of where the Richardson Highway and the Parks Highway meet at Fairbanks. A pretty lake I spotted along the way:











No comments:

Post a Comment