Monday, January 16, 2017

#Project365: Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park

After leaving Leon's, I was on for a wild ride. The route to Vernon from Edgewood is pretty remote with narrow sections (including a single lane bridge or two) and some hairpin curves and switchbacks. What the route doesn't have with regard to a fast trip it more than makes up for with scenery. Right across from Keefer Lake Resort is Lost Lake Rest Area where I took these two photos:






I finally made it to my next destination before lunchtime; Chilliwack. This time I was meeting another friend who wanted to see Chilliwack Lake. It was quite a drive up the mountain; but just like earlier in the morning, I was rewarded with quite an experience and awesome views.



















I sat on the log in the bottom photo while eating my lunch and enjoying the spectacular view. For more info about this park, visit: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/chilliwack_lk/.

After visiting, I made my way north to my campground at Boston Bar for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment