Sunday, January 22, 2017

#Project365: SS Klondike, Whitehorse, and Haines Junction

The history of the SS Klondike was rather fascinating, which is why I spent a considerable amount of time there. In fact, Whitehorse has quite a bit to offer in terms of history. Here are some more pictures of the Klondike:

























Haines Junction is a small town along the highway where a road branches off the main route and heads to the southeast to Haines, Alaska. I took some pictures here of the Kluane Mountain Range (part of the St. Elias Mountains):
















Further along the route, I took some impressive shots of the St. Elias Range:










Finally, I reached the border of Alaska! Whoo hoo! After reaching this location, I arrived in Tok at my campground about an hour and a half later.











No comments:

Post a Comment