Sunday, January 15, 2017

#Project365: Whatshan Settlement

I discovered the area where my friend, Leon, lives to be very peaceful and truly enjoyable. His front yard consists of his garden, orchard, hoop houses, solar array, and a forested area where an art studio stands. It was so peaceful, in fact, that it took me a while to adjust to the quietness. An unexpected treat awaited me, as Leon is a good cook and made several meals.




The hoop house:






The orchard:



The river:



These two greeted me every morning and are very loving:



The solar array:



The river:






The forest close to the river:




I feel very lucky to have been able to spend four days at Leon's. I felt truly rested when I left there; and almost wished I didn't have to leave. However, I was due at Anchorage, Alaska, in two weeks and needed to continue the journey, as I had a long way yet to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment