Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Highland Scenic Highway

 







The Highland Scenic Highway in West Virginia traverses the Allegheny Highlands and Plateau and rises from 2,325 feet in elevation at Richwood to over 4,500 feet at its highest point. This is the second time I've been here, traveling the opposite direction the first time I was here in 2014. This time, I was returning from the Falls of Hills Creek and the Boardwalk at Cranberry Glades on my way to Marlinton and the north entrance to Watoga State Park. These pictures encompass the parkway part of the drive from the Cranberry Mountain Nature Center to US 219 at the northern terminus.

Along the route are several trailheads; one particularly interesting short one (1/4 mile) leads to what are known as Honeycomb Rocks where I took several pictures.


























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment