Thursday, June 27, 2024

The Falls of Hills Creek



The Falls of Hills Creek in West Virginia does take time with some 380-400 steps to climb down and then back up. Awesome scenery abounds here, but be careful on the wooden sections of stairs which can be wet and slippery. The top falls and middle falls out of the three different falls here are nothing fancy or spectacular, but the bottom falls (63 feet) are worth the trip. Following are the pictures from this hike; to see all the hikes from my most recent trip, go here.



















Across the road from the entrance is a small pond that I found picturesque. This hike actually took place on two different days. I pulled something in my back a few hours before the first day, so wasn't in shape to actually descend and climb back up the stairs, but when we came back this way on our way to the next campground, I decided to go the whole way seeing how the first day I was rather disappointed in the first waterfall.





















Here are the pictures from the second part of the hike, which are much more spectacular than the first part. I was also feeling much better which allowed for more enjoyment of the trail.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment