Thursday, June 27, 2024

Roanoke Mountain Loop

 



The second most strenuous hike on my recent trip was the Roanoke Mountain Loop, which once could be driven up (indeed, I drove up to the top in 2010, as it is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway) but has been closed since 2018 due to mudslide according to multiple accounts. I looked for evidence of a slide but found none. 2 miles up and 2 miles back down the mountain was a good workout with some awesome views of the Roanoke area. Following are the pictures from this hike; to see all the hikes from my most recent trip, go here.

I often zoom in and out while shooting to get larger or wider shots, so enjoy!




































































1 comment:

  1. Makes me wonder if the state parks just doesn't want to maintain the road? Just claim there is a mudslide.

    ReplyDelete